In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Manager, Parking & Transportation
Reports To: Director, Parking & Transportation
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salary
Entity: UBS Arena
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Parking & Transportation, this position will manage day to day event parking, transportation, and shuttle operational needs at UBS Arena and Belmont Park.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Stand/move about – frequently, 60%
- Sitting – frequently, 40%
- Occasional Pushing/Pulling – Up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting – Up to 25 lbs.
- The duties of this position are split between office environment and outdoors on event days. Be prepared to work in different weather conditions.
- Must uphold and maintain a customer friendly environment.
This role will pay a wage of $55,000 to $85,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including, but not limited to…)
- Ensure operational excellence and high-quality service by developing and implementing efficient procedures with emphasis on continual improvement.
- Oversee third-party contractors (SP+ Parking & Sam Schwartz Pedestrian Management).
- Manage third-party intra-campus shuttle bus operations.
- Hire, develop, train, and support team of in-house part-time parking supervisors.
- Ensure all parking systems are operational (Parkhub/IP Parking/Park Assist).
- Perform minor maintenance of IP Parking devices (ticket jams in pay stations, repair barrier gates).
- Train designated staff on remote management of IP Parking system & Park Assist.
- Inspect all parking systems/devices to ensure operational.
- Coordinate with MTA LIRR regarding Elmont-UBS Arena train service for events.
- Assist Director with creating new parking products, additional revenue streams, and reducing costs of the parking and transportation operation.
- Assist Director with working towards sustainability goals, evaluating EV Shuttle options, and EV charging
- Perform routine audits, including revenue, PARCS system, and operational audits.
- Assist with strategic planning, traffic management planning, and budgeting.
- Review/analyze guest surveys and other performance measures to maximize operational performance.
- Work with Director on site Transportation Management Plan (TMP) and third party traffic engineers.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to analyze mode of transport data, parking data, etc.
- Assist with oversight and management of arena fleet of EV trams.
- Manage rideshare operation, coordination, and relationship with partners.
- Work with transportation technology GPS wayfinding partners (Google, Waze, Apple Maps).
- Review shuttle driver daily documentation (sign-in sheets, trip logs, pre & post checklists).
4+ years of experience in parking/transportation management, event management preferred.
Knowledge of parking revenue management systems.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Valid driver license required.