In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is based at our Duke Energy Convention Center. The Duke Energy Convention Center offers a wide variety of exciting and affordable advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Partnering with us creates highly effective marketing opportunities for your company; reaching the local community, business leaders, decision makers, meeting planners, and out of town guests that attend one or more of our 150 plus events drawing 600,000 visitors annually. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.duke-energycenter.com/
The Kitchen Cook A is responsible for preparing foods to be served to guests throughout the venue. The Kitchen Cook A will often have direct contact with the public working in areas such as a buffet line slicing meats or preparing dishes to order. Kitchen Cook A must possess the skills and abilities to prep, fire, and serve an event with a minimum of 50 guests. A Kitchen Cook A must able to take direction from supervisory staff to include Executive Chef, Executive Sous, Kitchen Manager and Kitchen Supervisors.
The Kitchen Cook A must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
Salary: $16.73 hr
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
- Responsible for assisting in the execution a Chef table with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Kitchen Supervisor, or Lead Cook.
- Responsible for assisting in the oversight of a concession event.
- Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Responsible for observing and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
- Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
- Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to Prep Cook, and Cook B when necessary.
- Must demonstrate abilities to work affectively in all food service stations – ie, carving, breakfast, and any other as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned by the managers and supervisors.
- Professional training through a culinary certification or demonstrate a minimum of three years experience working in a fast-paced full service dining restaurant/catering facility required.
- Must demonstrate an above average knowledge in all kitchen operations including but not limit to hot and cold food preparation, opening and closing kitchen, pastry, and gardemanger.
- Must demonstrate an above average knowledge in the operation of all standard kitchen equipment including the char-broiler, steamer, commercial and convection ovens, mixer, meat slicer.
- Must demonstrate excellent knife skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Must display a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.