In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Guest Services and Security
A Guest Service Attendant is an on-call, per event employee who will act as primary provider of direct service to guests as they are entertained at the Ford Idaho Center. They are responsible for providing a safe environment for our guests and ensuring all service needs are met. Guest Service Attendants will work in positions as needed including; usher, ticket taker, suite staff and door guards.
This position is based at our Ford Idaho Center. The Ford Idaho Center features a variety of flexible spaces to host events of all types and sizes. The Ford Idaho Center is a unique combination of three venues under one complex: Ford Idaho Center Arena, Ford Idaho Sports Center, and Ford Idaho Horse Park. The complex is flexible to meet the needs of events of all types and sizes. It is well-suited for conventions, meetings, tradeshows, sporting, social and entertainment events.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance to all guests
- Greet and scan tickets as guests enter the building
- Greet and usher guests to their seats.
- Provide directional assistance to guests throughout facility
- Control and monitor all access to all restricted areas for events
- Provide a safe and secure environment for the Ford Idaho Center
- Report actual/suspected violations of FIC policies, procedures, rules or regulations to your supervisor.
- Complete an incident report on a timely basis, as required
- Ensure emergency exits are clear at all times, and assist guests with special needs exit safely
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by directing guests to emergency exits
- Move around to various positions/locations as event needs
- Hand out materials to guests as needed for events
- Follow all event procedures and safety standards
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to all clients
- All other duties assigned by Guest Services Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Customer service experience and exceptional customer service, communication skills.
- Comfortable working with the public with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team, remaining flexible in your role
- Ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work minimum of 1 Event per Month at the Ford Idaho Center.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and in high pressure situations. Position requires frequent attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position requires constant use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients including: greeting, directing clients verbally and with visual cues towards various building locations. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients and determine optimal solution to their concern. Employee must frequently work both independently and as part of a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently move about various areas of the buildings in the course of directing or escorting customers to their seats.
Employee must frequently communicate in-person and via in-house radios with supervisors to exchange information.
- Employee may stand in one location for extended periods of time.
Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. Constant exposure to a moderate loud environment and frequently to constantly communicating with guests in a loud environment. Frequent to constant exposure to crowded workspaces and crowded events with thousands of guests in attendance. The employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions by entrances prevalent at the time of events, jackets are provided.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER