In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of the facility, including construction, purchasing, policy formulation, booking, marketing, finance, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, and related operations. Gives direction to each department, as needed, through each department’s director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to…):
- Evaluates existing policies and procedures and recommends improvements that will better reflect the needs of the facility and/or improve the efficiency and safety of operations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Conducts marketing, budgeting, and weekly staff meetings.
- Prepares, implements, and monitors a detailed program budget.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating administrative and supervisory staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with civic organizations, city personnel, media, lessees, employees, and general public.
- Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization and negotiates lease agreements as determined necessary and in the best interests of the facility.
- Responsible for the development of standard operating procedures for all operational functions of the facility, e.g., marketing, finance, box office, parking, maintenance, administration, food and beverage, and related areas.
- Must be experienced and proficient in food & beverage services including high volume and high quality catering for events.
- Prepares and maintains required necessary reports/records for the city and/or corporate.
- Regularly walks through facility to locate potential problems or concerns.
- Meets with Director of Operations and Technical Services Manager to convey back-of-house needs.
- Meets with Director of Finance to convey all financial information.
- Meets with Director of Sales and Marketing to determine publicity needs and sales quotes.
- Meets with Director of Event Services to convey event needs.
- Meets with Food and Beverage (F&B) Manager to convey F&B needs.
- Approves reports, budgets, revenue projections, etc. as needed.
- Meets with Contract Administrator on regular basis to discuss operation and performance of facility.
- Supervises the cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision, ushers, ticket takers, ticket sellers, door guards, announcers, guest services, traffic control, parking attendants, and other related support staff.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with the principles and practices used in the successful management of a large multi-purpose special event facility.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Ability to manage a large enterprise operation.
- Directly oversees the Food & Beverage operation in the absence of a Food & Beverage Director.
- Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, maintenance, custodial and safety requirements, public relations, advertising and media relations, box office operations, human resources and office management.
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment.
- Ability to achieve quality results with a minimum of resources.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry.
- Thorough knowledge of governmental administration and responsibilities.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business, facility management, public administration or related fields.
- A minimum of five years progressive and responsible experience in the supervision and/or management of a large multi-purpose facility.
- Active membership and participation in the International Association of Assembly Managers.
- Combination of education and experience will be evaluated.
- CFE Preferred.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time; must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of hands, fingers and wrists. Employee will constantly move about inside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to sometimes bend, stoop, or crouch in order to perform this job; Employee must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms or legs. Employee may frequently be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may often work 40 hours or more per week.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
This job description is subject to change.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.