In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The WFCU is Windsor’s premier entertainment complex that has hosted some of the biggest names and events in the sports and entertainment industry. This includes performers such as Carrie Underwood and Jerry Seinfeld, and events such as Cirque Du Soleil and The Memorial Cup. The successful candidate will coordinate all communication between event staff and required departments, delegate assignments to the appropriate personnel, and be responsible for ensuring overall client and customer satisfaction. The General Manager of Events serves as a liaison between the facility and customers, tenants, and promoters, ensuring all requirements are met or exceeded, and ensuring that all facility rules, regulations and policies are properly implemented. A willingness to work extensive hours; including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
This role will pay a wage of $75,000 to $95,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, matched Pension plan, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and Statutory holidays).
- Develop relationships with promoters and various industry professionals in an effort to attract both large and small events to the WFCU Centre
- Act as the main contact for all booking inquiries, and take the lead on every aspect of the assigned events, from the advanced planning stages through to the conclusion.
- Maintain existing relationships with the Windsor Spitfires and Windsor Express, and work closely with both teams on game day logistics.
- Assist to hire, mentor, retain, supervise, and train, all part-time Event Services staff, including Event Supervisors.
- Coordinate and communicate all relevant information for assigned events, including preparing event details and facilitating staff briefings
- Assist both internal and external clients with event logistics and advise on the most effective ways to use the facility
- Work with production and décor suppliers on the execution of the event
- Develop event budgets including preparation of pre-show estimates and financial settlements
- Assist with overseeing all Event Services and Security Personnel.
- Prepare post event & incident reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service adopting OVG 360’s Customer Service philosophy and respond to all fan and staff inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Coordinate event seating layouts using AutoCAD software
- Coordinate any rental gear/equipment necessary for events
- Oversee the Box Office Manager, as well as, the Director of Operations
- Minimum 2-4 (two to four) years of increased supervisory responsibility & experience in the Event and/or Facility Management Industries.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of operational characteristics/production elements of events including: crowd management; fire and public safety; guest services; security; and audio/video/lighting equipment
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Previous customer service and leadership experience
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Strong management, motivational and organizational skills