Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the serving of guests in the venue concessions area. The Food and Beverage Supervisor must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. The Food and Beverage Supervisor will assist the Food and Beverage Managers with projects including training, inventory and special events.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
- Responsible for overseeing the serving of meals to guests or directing guests to the buffet line.
- Responsible for supervising the service of beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for assisting in recording a guest’s order and relaying the order to the kitchen via P.O.S. system.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Responsible for computing the cost of the meal and presenting the guest with the check. Accept payments and provide change as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring tableware and linens replaced as necessary.
- Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
- Supervises the set up of banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean prior to start of event.
- Responsible for recognizing guests that are visibly intoxicated and taking action to cut off alcohol to such individuals
- Enforces all Ovations policies and procedures.
- Practices excellent Human Resources skills regarding employee relations, corrective action, coaching and counseling employees and completes all necessary HR related paperwork.
- Assists Management team with projects including training, inventory and special events.
- All other duties as assigned by the managers and supervisors.
- At Least 1-2 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity in a fast-paced restaurant or catering environment or applicable Education.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate or alcohol service permit if required by state or federal regulations.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.