In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.* Overview
The F&B Manager has the primary duty of managing all aspects of the Bar, Beverage and Concessions Department. Specifically, this position oversees all bar operations and staffing, as well as managing the non-alcohol beverage/concession services and product control. This position will be accountable for identifying, evaluating and developing strategies to increase revenue and guest satisfaction within the beverage services & concessions area provided at the DECC. The F&B Manager must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth operation of any assigned event.
The F&B Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The F&B Manager will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The F&B Operations Manager will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The F&B Manager will assist and support the Catering Department with the effective management and running of venue catering operations including event planning support, scheduling, inventory, cash control, compliance with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision, troubleshooting, closing duties, and any other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
This is a key position of oversight for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable full-time event-driven schedule, which extends to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring staff of 20 or more part time beverage and bar employees, including independently initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and disciplining. Responsible for generating documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and best practice.
- Responsible for the management of all beverage operations before, during and after the event. Duties may include (but are not limited to): pre-event planning, overseeing the verification of opening inventory, assigning duties to workers (employee/volunteer), ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location is fully operational, POS monitoring and troubleshooting, guest complaint resolution, training, post-event evaluation, tracking of monetary and product shortages, generating reports and data compilation.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to General Manager immediately.
- Ensures event staff and volunteers are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Provide direction and oversight to Floor Supervisors, beverage servers, bartenders, distribution and warehouse workers and other staff. Ensure that all Spectra by Comcast and venue policies, procedures and practices are adhered to, including compliance with alcohol service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety policies and procedures.
- Manages set-up and menus for bar and concession functions; maintains costing, pricing sheets for all menus, services and facility charges and updates as needed.
- Manage venue beverage and concession inventory controls and drive the physical inventory process working closely with operators and accounting in reducing inventory costs, inventory analysis and explanation of variances; monitor beverage costing and margins to ensure accuracy and consistency and assure optimum profitability is achieved, and agreed upon costs are not exceeded.
- Understand, improve and maintain the beverage and concession inventory control cycle from the purchase order creation to the sale of the merchandise; identify growth opportunities and risks in product assortment, and develop contingency plans.
- Maintain responsibility for achieving established revenue goals, expenses and profit goals for beverage and concession operating plans / budgets while promoting the company’s goals of customer service and satisfaction, team work, reporting requirements and financial performance; control the elements that determine profit and loss, sets margins and manages the department against projections while making decisions that relate to P & L of the department.
- Willing to cover any open position to assure location is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of service and guest satisfaction are met; assist with Premium Services operations and event needs, as directed by the GM.
- Ensure work environment is safe and free from harassment or discrimination; immediately address all safety concerns, potential hazards, accidents or incidents. Relays safety/health issues to upper management immediately.
- Assists in the oversight of catering events as needed, including directing the event from set-up to tear down.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra by Comcast and venue concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ year of concession or bar management in arena, convention center, or hotel.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Serv-Save certified.
- TIPS alcohol certified.