In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Operations Team members are responsible for the setup and tear-down of the facilities and for pre and post event facility cleanliness. They provide and maintain the cleanliness throughout the entire venue as well as keeping the environment safe and hazard free for entertainers, guests, patrons, and staff. They are responsible for the pre-event set up, ensuring the venue is ready to go for all events, and tear-down of event at the conclusion. They must communicate in a friendly, respectful and understanding manner with both colleagues and guests alike. They must politely give consistent, timely and accurate information. Must cooperate with employees within the department as well as other departments.
- Set-up and tear down tables, chairs, stages, drapery, and other event related equipment.
- Continuously clean facilities and remove debris from the facility.
- Understand and follow written and oral directions and instructions.
- Ensure all equipment is used in the proper manner
- Ensure equipment is properly handled during transport and stored when not in use.
- Report equipment and facilities needing service or repair to Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor.
- Operate equipment such as high lifts, and other equipment.
- Assist with routine housekeeping tasks.
- Provide quality customer service to all facility users and guests.
- Assemble equipment
- Make minor repairs including, but not limited to changing light bulbs, replacing outlet fixtures, repairing chairs
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or related trade school training; valid driver’s license; and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with guests, vendors, staff, and other facility users.
- Previous experience in performing arts & events venue preferred
- Familiarity of OSHA requirements
- Be reliable, honest, dependable, and punctual and have strong customer service.
- Be a self-starter; have ability to take directions; and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work in varying weather conditions.
- Technical license preferred, but not required.
- Requires frequent walking/standing (possibly uneven surfaces), climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, working in cramped positions reaching, pushing, pulling, driving, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Ability to frequently and safely climb and navigate stairs, work on roofs and catwalks over 50ft high.
- Good eye and hand coordination and reflexes for the safe operation of equipment.
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to operate a keyboard and mouse on a computer.
- This position requires work inside and/or outside of the building, as needed by events and is subjected to changing climate and adverse weather conditions.
- The worker is subjected to noise. Noise levels will vary depending on job task and events in the building.
- Knowledge of safe operation of tools, such as sharp wheel cutters, reamers, drills, grinders, and equipment such as service carts, scissor lifts & boom lifts, etc.
The physical demands and work environment are a representation of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work flexible shift/schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays