In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under general direction, performs skilled journey level and leadwork duties on the technical operation of critical facility systems, performing facility & equipment maintenance / troubleshooting, and system monitoring. Employee performs advanced work in the maintenance and repair of steam generating boilers, electrical generating equipment & auxiliary systems, and centralized air-conditioning systems. Accountable to the Lead Engineer, Asst Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer.
- Under general direction, performs maintenance and repair of facility equipment, auxiliary systems, minor electrical and plumbing repairs, recommending methods and procedures.
- Performs event related tasks & set-up as directed, such as laying power cords
- Participates in routine preventative maintenance on equipment; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls as directed
- Accurately and timely performs tasks to ensure the highest level of efficiency in the operation returning equipment to operational status as directed
- Responsible to track daily performance and completed tasks through MicroMain web-based system
- Effective and timely communication with management and team members including arrival, location, departure; communicating work issues and building needs; escalating issues to management as required
- As directed, repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls as directed.
- Work in accordance with Spectra safety policies / procedures, along with local, state, federal, OSHA guidelines
- Repairs and replaces defective parts & equipment as directed in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Regularly inspects the facility, grounds and equipment and timely reports unsafe or malfunctioning equipment / conditions
- Willingness to be on-call to report for emergencies and outages as required
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety and operational training programs as required
- Maintains professional working relationships with all internal and external clients
- Must work on-site, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First-Class or Second-Class stationary engineer’s license or Fireman’s License
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, preventative maintenance and repair of some of the following steam generating boilers, centralized air-conditioning or electrical power generating equipment and auxiliary systems
- Basic computer experience including ability to accurately fill out web forms; check & respond to email.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance systems preferred
- Possession of Universal EPA license
- Ability effectively work independently and as part of a team; strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and other local / state / federal safety standards / requirements
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays