In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under general direction, performs advanced journey level and leadwork duties in the technical operation, maintenance and repair of steam generating boilers, electrical generating equipment and auxiliary systems, and centralized air-conditioning systems of a widely dispersed building complex with numerous individual physical plants; performs related work as required.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment and auxiliary systems; recommends operational methods and procedures.
- Operates diesel powered electrical generator to provide emergency electrical power during power outages or curtailment.
- Perform event related duties as assigned.
- Participates in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, minor electrical and plumbing repairs to expedite the return of equipment or auxiliary systems to operational status.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and auxiliary systems; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls.
- Track daily productivity via allocation sheets, daily logs and micro main.
- Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls.
- Communicate arrival, location and departure with Director of Operations.
- Makes chemical tests of boiler feed water to determine its’ alkalinity, chlorides, hardness and pH level, and to prevent scaling, pitting of boiler tubes and buildup of sludge deposits.
- Ability to communicate work issues with staff in a clear, effective, and timely manner.
- Repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Two (2) or more years of education and or full time work experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of steam generating boilers, centralized air-conditioning or electrical power generating equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have availability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Possession of a second-class, stationary engineer’s license strongly preferred.
- Possession of Universal CFC license highly desirable.
- Possession of a first-class, stationary engineer’s license is highly desirable.