In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The part time Electrician performs Journeyman electrician level and leadwork duties, under general direction, in the technical operation, maintenance and repair of electrical generating equipment, fire and smoke detection system, HVAC, building automation systems, and auxiliary systems throughout the Iowa Events Center. Responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with the standard practices of the electrical trade. Accountable to the full time Electrician and/or Asst Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Install and maintain show power for exhibit halls and arena power distribution
- Locate, troubleshoot, analyze and correct electrical related problems
- Engineer electrical circuits, controls and wiring for new installations or upgrading existing installations
- Test and maintain emergency generator and emergency lighting
- Maintain all light fixtures, upgrade & replace as required
- Troubleshoot parking gate and other company equipment problems
- Under general direction, may purchase components working with vendors to determine compatibility at the lowest price and accurately track / manage expenses and similar reports with the Operations Administrator
- Consistently review complex event planning documents to make decisions regarding electrical needs for events
- Effectively communicate on daily productivity and any issues / concerns as required
- Work and operate equipment / machinery in accordance with proper company procedures including LOTO and compliance with local, state, federal, OSHA requirements
- Maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in compliance with all codes, regulations and company procedures
- Maintain and repair all electrical cords and other equipment as directed
- Maintain clearance around electrical panels, transformers, etc.
- Effectively communicate with Lead Engineer regarding arrival, location, departure
- Willingness to be on-call to report for emergencies as required
- Maintains professional working relationships with all internal and external clients
- Must work on-site, maintain excellent attendance, and contribute to a safe & healthy work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman License
- Two or more years’ related experience preferred
- Experience with maintenance and repair of electrical power generating equipment and auxiliary highly desirable.
- Ability to produce reliable, organized, quality work effectively and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of practice, methods, tools, equipment and materials of the electrical trade\
- Experience with maintenance and repair of electrical power generating equipment and auxiliary equipment preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work a varied schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply