In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is responsible for solicitation and execution of Advertising, Sponsorship, Activations, and Corporate Partnership sales for Kentucky Venues on behalf of Global Partnerships. Examples include securing Naming Rights for the Kentucky International Convention Center and the Kentucky Exposition Center, Official Partnerships for specific vendor categories, Presenting Partners for events; brand activation opportunities, and other assets to be determined.
Essential functions of this role include: the extensive sales, development, and servicing of corporate sponsorship and partnerships while maintaining high levels of client service, as well as collaborating with Global Partnerships executive team on the development of a new strategic plan for securing sponsorships.
- Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating and maintaining new corporate sponsorships, advertising and corporate partnerships for Kentucky Venues-approved inventory.
- Responsible for client outreach (phone or email), developing and making sales presentations on behalf of Kentucky Venues for cash and value-in-kind partnerships
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of corporate partnership fulfillment for his/her clients as well as ensuring that all department fulfillment is handled
- Responsible for providing sales reports and updates
- Responsible for creating recaps and sponsorship summaries for partners
- Responsible for servicing all corporate sponsorships through various means including, but not limited to, direct contact and Partner gatherings
- Responsible for the creation of sales proposals and presentations for potential Partners
- Responsible for creating and implementing new ideas and opportunities that will help drive Partnership revenue for Kentucky Venues
- Responsible for tracking prospective sales and inventory throughout the season
- Responsible for cultivating and building a good working relationship with different personnel and departments at the client to ensure proper execution of Partnership agreements
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Global Partnerships
- Minimum of 7+ years in outside sales with extensive sponsorship sales experience; industry experience in sports, entertainment, or municipal marketing strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Has advertiser contacts and relationships in Louisville, KY market, or the ability to pro-actively secure these contacts and relationships through personal interaction
- Demonstrates or has prior advertising/sponsorship experience/knowledge of local corporate market and/or industry
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university, preferred
- Proficiency with data processing and MS Office applications (including Power Point, Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint)
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required
- Ability to work independently both efficiently and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects