In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Concessions Manager is responsible for the effective management of venue concessions operations including inventory controls, product ordering, training new employees, cash controls, compliance with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision, warehouse oversight, troubleshooting, closing duties, event planning support, food preparation and production, and any other tasks assigned by the DFB. The Concessions Manager must be provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth operation of the Arena & Concessions Dept.
The Concessions Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will may initiate or recommend employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The CM will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. Actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule including evenings and weekends. Flexible availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude are required.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring a staff of part time and full time concessions employees, including initiating employee discipline as required. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Ensure proper set-up of all concessions locations prior to doors. Set-up duties may include: verifying opening inventory, assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer), ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location is fully operational, ascertaining levels of food production based upon projected guest attendance has been met; assuring that SL or NFP Stand Leader has followed proper procedures for distribution and handling of cash.
- Provide a high level of oversight and operational expertise resulting in the smooth, efficient and profitable execution of events.
- Ability to oversee a large volume of inventory, order product, and manage high volume sales.
- Manage and run all venue concessions operations before, during and after the event. Duties include staff scheduling, employee check-in, equipment inspection, POS monitoring and troubleshooting, guest complaint resolution, training, food production, clean-up, post-event reconciliation and reporting, and any other duties as assigned by the DFB.
- Training new & current employees with regarding to property procedure & best practices.
- Willing to cover / back-up any open position to assure location is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of service and guest satisfaction are met; assist with Premium Services operations and event needs, as directed.
- Provide direction and oversight to Concessions Supervisors, Stand Managers, Concession Cooks, and Cashiers. Ensure that all State / Federal, Spectra and IEC policies, procedures and practices are adhered to, including compliance with alcohol distribution / service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety policies and procedures. Report any alcohol service or other compliance issues to DFB immediately.
- Complete post-event evaluations, data compilation, tracking of monetary and product shortages, generating reports; serves as a resource for POS applications and training.
- Ensure work environment is safe and free from harassment or discrimination; immediately address all safety concerns, potential hazards, accidents or incidents. Relays safety/health issues to management immediately.
- Ensure event staff and volunteers are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of all existing concession locations: geographical locations, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas and facility access.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or greater in Culinary Management, Business Management, or related field; along with two or more years’ experience in Concessions Management, other Food & Beverage Management, or related experience.
- Degree requirement may be substituted for four or more years’ experience in Concessions Supervision, Food & Beverage Management or related position.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping system.
- Experience training new employees and volunteers
- Advanced knowledge of inventory procedures and controls
- Experience ordering product for a high-volume venue or facility
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and IEC concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Nationally recognized food service sanitation training course certification preferred
- Nationally recognized alcohol service training course certification preferred
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.