In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Catering Sales Manager has a primary duty of making sales and obtaining orders or contracts for venue. This position is responsible for generating, managing and coordinating outside catering sales, as well as initiating, directing and implementing marketing functions in the Catering Department. The Sales Manager will independently manage and oversee all aspects of full group operations from reservation, through contract negotiation and finalization, to group reception and event catering.
The Catering Sales Manager maintains a consistently positive and professional relationship with internal and external clients. The Sales Manager will handle sales and customer service issues including providing outstanding customer service; researching, resolving and clarifying invoice questions; and providing knowledgeable and appropriate suggestions regarding menu selections. The Sales Manager will facilitate the flow of information internally, as well as communicate with all guests and vendors. Must be available to assist with general catering operations as needed.
- Build relationships by networking and prospecting with key decision markers, establish and develop strong and effective relationships with influencers through the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Coordinate and deliver effective sales presentations.
- Independently sources, identifies, and pursues outside networking opportunities through professional industry resources and community events, or special events attended by prospects.
- Responsible for negotiating, authoring, and submitting finalized contracts and BEOs to Client and Internal Staff.
- Address or coordinate all Catering requirements and requests in a timely and helpful manner.
- Maintain accurate records for all Catering sales activities in conjunction.
- Communicate daily with Food & Beverage Manager, culinary staff, catering staff, and Operations Staff about the needs of our guests and their expectations.
- Maintain an extensive client database for follow-up sales calls and contact (in person, phone, email, mail, etc.)
- Assist with follow-up of guests’ experience at the venue, ensuring that all issues have been addressed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of catered events as directed.
- Serves as primary group and convention contact once the contract is signed; approves any inventory or other changes, responds to questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists with oversight of accounts receivable in conjunction with assigned events.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), plus minimum 6 months related hospitality industry experience and/or training.
- 2 or more years in a sales role, with verifiable sales success.
- Demonstrated proficiency and successful experience in catering sales generation, contract negotiation and pricing, event scheduling, training, catering, banquets and menu development.
- Ability to work independently both on and off venue property with little supervision or oversight.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on creating word documents, Excel spreadsheets, email); working knowledge of POS systems.
- Ability to adhere to high standard of business etiquette, professional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to consistently represent the Company in a professional, positive and knowledgeable manner.
- Ability to adhere to highest standard of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and evenings, as required to ensure outcome.
- Ability to travel to outside sales calls and/or events.
- Proven ability to make solid, appropriate and independent decisions.