In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Catering Manager provides support and assistance with Catering activities as well providing assistance to the concession managers in the profitable management of concessions operations, as needed. The Catering Manager will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Catering Manager will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The Catering Manager will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Catering Manager must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event. A critical function of the Catering Manager will be to actively hire, mentor, train and help employees and volunteers meet company quality standards. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
- Assists in the overall effective management of Catering operations.
- In charge of the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Provides on-going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly event staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time as required.
- Assist in the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by department manager; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Oversee the catering department staff, providing leadership and support ensuring all events are executed according to the Banquet Event Order guidelines
- Work closely with the Catering Sales Managers and Chefs to ensure the successful execution of events
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients to meet any changes or updates to Banquet Event Orders
- Monitor and control catering costs (i.e., labor costs, beverage costs, supplies and equipment) and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while providing quality guest service
- Meet with clients as needed to ensure understanding Banquet Event Order requirements
- The ability to organize and orchestrate any last-minute changes or details to functions
- The ability to post all contracted function sheets and give instructions to Event Supervisors and to ensure the success of the function
- Supervise the daily operations of the Catering area (order and maintain supplies, review set-up and food and beverage preparation and service) to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, Banquet Event Orders and safety regulations to ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality
- Monitor the staff’s appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism to ensure their strict adherence to Spectra Food Service and Hospitality standards
- Hire, train, evaluate and schedule catering servers in accordance with the standards of the company polices and guidelines
- Prepare the payroll reports as required
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical schoolpreferred
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.