In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Under the supervision of the Box Office Manager, assist in the operation of the box office, implementing and following procedures, overseeing the box office while the Manager is away, assist in facilitating group orders, and assisting in training box office personnel. The Box Office Supervisor position assists the Box Office Manager on event days and office tasks during the week. This position will require flexibility in hours, being able to work office hours as needed as well as long event shifts when necessary.
- Training/Coaching part-time box office staff
- Maintaining daily records of ticketing sales transactions, including but not limited to daily sales, deposits, and cash
- Managing the box office window and phones during given shifts
- Provide support for group sales and group ticket orders
- Utilizing the Ticketmaster ticketing system to process ticket sales and provide customer support for Macon Centreplex Events
- Assist in the enforcement of building policies and procedures
The Supervisor must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma/GED or undergraduate degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a box office setting
- Ability to perform effectively under stressful situations
- Ability to define, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to coordinate box office procedures with other staff
- Ability to work variable hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to safely and accurately handle and account for large sums of money
- Ability to handle difficult situations with courtesy and tact when dealing with the public and promoters
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other staff, event promoters and the public
- Skill in operating modern office equipment including computers