In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Bartender is an individual who exihibits excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and food preparation skills. This role is responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions, and responsible to assist in preparing the location and area for day to day operations, as well as location inventory controls.
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014–15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015–16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Maintain accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Follow Ralston Arena Food and Beverage rules and regulations.
- Provide great customer service.
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Set up bar area, per set up specifications with all products needed per event.
- Work with Distro who should provide the basic bar needs delivered to assigned station.
- Provide a list of items needed from Distro when you are not able to stock your own bar.
- Complete tear down of bar, cleaned and organized, with all items refrigerated as needed.
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage.
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Basic food preparation.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of shift.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility, to stand for long hours during events, and to talk and hear.
- This position requires stooping and lifting, as well as substantial standing and walking.