In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. OVG has an excellent and immediate opening for a Banquet Server for the MassMutual Center.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders.
- Ability to carry at least 8 entrees per tray.
- Provide fine dining level food and beverage service to guests for all events consistent with DLTCC standards of service.
- Initiate and maintain friendly and professional contact with guests ensuring that all needs are anticipated and met.
- Setup and maintain both food and beverage stations in various locations throughout the building consistent with DLTCC standards of service.
- Maintain and inventory for both food and beverage stations.
- Maintain all event areas and front of house staging areas in a tidy and organized manner.
- Participate in both setup and cleanup of food and beverage service items.
- Ability to work independently during slower times
- Perform safe work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have a high level of social contact. Ability to work closely with staff and deal often with patrons.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and select holidays.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure that work is accurate and complete.
- Ability to mutli-task.
- Ability to handle and move objects.
- Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to read with oral and written communications skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Must be able to stand for extend periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs. and 15 lbs. often.
- Must be punctual with consistent attendance.
- Must be able to respond to simple complaints or inquiries from customers, members of the business community, and/or regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED strong preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in events, banquets or restaurants preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to serve alcoholic drinks.