In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Servers are responsible to respond to all food and beverage needs of our guest. Servers will work several different types of events including buffets, served meals, buffet receptions, served cocktail parties, weddings, and other types of events. The convention center will be open for business during breakfast, lunch, and dinner hour. Servers will also be given the opportunity to work in other food and beverage outlets. Servers must have a food handlers cards from Utah County and be Sips and Tips Certified
JOB DUTIES: (including to but not limited to)
- Refill all drinks and beverages.
- Remove dishes and glasses from table and take them to the kitchen or breakdown station.
- Remove and replace table linens and service settings as required.
- Clean and arrange workstations, chairs, and table pieces.
- Refill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, and condiment containers.
- Give menu descriptions to customers, and answer questions regarding preparation.
- Memorize or write down special orders from customers.
- Relay orders to the chef or kitchen.
- Prepare beverages for customers or serve wine.
- Serve meals to customers or direct customers to buffets.
- Observe customers to find out if anything else is needed.
- Determine when the meal and beverages have been finished.
- Work safely to promote safe work environment for self and co-workers.
- Perform other side work duties as required.
- Be sure that all details of the job are performed, and the work is accurate.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak clearly so that listeners may understand.
- Must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Able to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions and follow through with tasks and shifts as assigned.
- Knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Knowledge of the rules and uses of numbers including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics.
- Work experience in events, banquets or restaurants.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED. Equivalent experience may be substituted