In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Banquet and Restaurant Supervisor oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. Banquet supervisors are also responsible for training and coaching of the banquet staff. Restaurant Supervision will include our Prelude Experience open prior to select shows and Performances at the Tanger Center.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded
- Remains alert of complaints and or/unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Coordinates with other departments to arrange for the delivery of requested services.
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables
- Arranges for and ensures proper sequence of service for each event
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas
- Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are returned to their proper location after each event
- Supervises the handling, storage, and security of all catering service equipment and decor
- Assists with staff training programs
- Conducts regular staff meetings to build rapport and ensures colleagues are well informed
- Clearly projects the visions of the department and measures progress
- Attends weekly food and beverage meeting to continuously evaluate strategies and ideas for enhancement to benefit the guest experience.
- Reviews scheduling and labor needs to meet the guests needs as well as maximize efficiency
- Work with the Executive Sous Chef to ensure appropriate inventories are stocked including food and beverage and non-food and beverage items used for Food and Beverage events.
- Work with the Event/Sales Manager(s) to ensure quality and accuracy of set-ups within all catering rooms.
- Become familiar with the computer systems and technology currently in use in the various food and beverage areas, and administration as it relates to food and beverage, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; one year to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Valid Managers ServSafe Certification
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge of food and beverage operation and preparation is required
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and quality driven
- Detail oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking
- Able to accept responsibility and lead by example
- Cash handling and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lift 25 LBS