In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Assistant Operations Manager provides assistance to the Operations Manager for the day to day operations of the overall facility to specifically include event setups / teardowns and equipment rentals.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising, and performing Event Changeovers
When requested assists / recommends hiring, performs training, scheduling, and supervision of changeover staff
Perform rink maintenance as assigned
Oversee all ice installation and maintenance of the ice and its equipment.
Coordinate event logistics as assigned
Supervise operations staff for non-event tasks as assigned
Maintain and clean Changeover equipment and areas
Assist Director of Operations, Operations Manager, Event Manager and with projects as requested
Adhere to all Spectra Venue Management Policies and Procedures
Ensure staff complies with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Communicate “assigned task” status with the Operations Manager or Director of Operations (in Manager’s absence)
Assist the Event Manager with all facets of Event Coordination.
Assist the Operations Manager and Electrician with all facets of Audio/Video programming and development.
Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience with event changeovers & the general functions of the Operations Department
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, with emphasis in working with & training a “casual” staff
- Previous ice maintenance and forklift driving experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of boilers, chillers, refrigeration and ice making helpful.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 50 lbs., unaided
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended number of consecutive days.