In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Plans and directs the activities of events that serve food and beverages. Have a wide variety of daily duties which include; estimating, ordering, arranging, supervising, recording and overseeing all food, beverage and equipment. Coordinate with and provide excellent service to venue clients, while working with them on their event needs.
- Recruit, hire and oversee training of staff.
- Schedule work hours for server staff.
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Oversees and provides direction to café staff.
- Directs cleaning of dining areas to maintain sanitation standards.
- Ensures that all catering equipment is cleaned and stored in proper place.
- Ensure that all banquet employees are current with food handling permits and alcohol serving permits.
- Maintains safety program for banquet area.
- Maintain all HACCP Standards in the banquet area.
- Ability to keep appropriate records.
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor laws are followed.
- Completes beverage, concessions, and café inventory monthly.
- Ability to use computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules, and perform other record keeping tasks.
- Act as Food & Beverage Manager on duty in absence of Director or Banquet Manager.
- Monitor and control resources.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, subordinates and peers.
- Must guide, direct and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to monitor events, materials and surroundings.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others outside of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Estimate sizes, quantities, time, cost or materials needed.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Think creatively.
- Resolve conflict and negotiate with others.
- Must have two years of management experience in a convention center or hotel banquet facility.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak clearly so that listeners may understand.
- Must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects.
- Administration and Management training: general knowledge of managing the operations of a business, company or group.
- Customer Service training: general knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Economics and Accounting training: general knowledge of producing, supplying, and using goods and services. Also includes knowledge of keeping business records.
- Personnel and Human Resources: general knowledge of human resources practices and procedures.
- Experience with teaching methods involved in learning and instructing others.
- Must have experience in working with events and banquets.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be self-confident and driven.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED. Equivalent experience may be substituted.