In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Finance/Accounting is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of accounting functions and financial reporting. This position will support multiple accounting functions. This position also has oversight responsibilities to enforce the application of all internal controls.
This role will pays an Salary of $150,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
This role will temporarily be located in either Los Angeles or Philadelphia. However, you understand and acknowledge that the company is currently undergoing a corporate office relocation, and you will be expected to relocate to the new Corporate Office, to be announced by the end of 2023 because this position will be based in the future Corporate Office.
- Manages the accounting function by supervising daily, weekly and monthly activities
- Oversee AR & AP
- Reviews reasonableness of financial results
- Reviews general ledger accounts to ensure activity is accurately recorded and properly reconciled.
- Provides leadership and opportunities for professional growth and development for the team.
- Provides auditing interface to external auditors.
- Notifies senior management of potential accounting issues or internal control weaknesses and develops possible corrective actions.
- Conducts special accounting projects as requested.
- Prior audit experience or experience dealing with external auditors highly desirable
- Ability to manage and motivate team in an evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Strong analytical abilities and organizational skills are essential to success in this position.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required.
Education and Experience:
- Master's in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 7-12 years finance/accounting experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be Detail oriented
- Previous Sports and Entertainment industry experience prefferred