In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Sr Vice President, Controller is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting and accounting of multiple divisions. This position also has oversight responsibilities to enforce the application of all internal controls to secure all assets. The Sr Vice President, Controller will oversee the accounting department within the Oak View Group and have a team of accountants and leadership reporting to it.
This role will pays a salary of $270,000 to $300,000
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
This role will temporarily be located in either Los Angeles or Philadelphia. However, you understand and acknowledge that the company is currently undergoing a corporate office relocation, and you will be expected to relocate to the new Corporate Office, to be announced by the end of 2023 because this position will be based in the future Corporate Office
- Manage the accounting staff leadership in daily activities.
- Ensure accounting positions are properly staffed with competent and trained personnel.
- Have the ability to “step in” and perform any of the duties by a vacant position.
- Provide accounting support to company departments. Reconcile sales reports prior to month end postings. Oversee document coding. Calculate commissions earned.
- Collect data from multiple sources and generate reports of Spectra’s event operating results to venue management team and the corporate Finance Department. Includes flash reports, catering activity recaps and sales reports. Perform month end closing, reconciliations and entries.
- Safeguard company assets through close monitoring of accounting procedures; conduct audits as needed.
- Reconcile bank deposits to sales reports, inventory levels, payroll reporting, A/P and A/R activities.
- Prepare current workbooks containing financial information by event type. Supervise preparation of NFP reports by event, and payroll reporting by event types, if required by venue.
- Handle basic Human Resources functions: personnel file maintenance, answer employee inquiries regarding scheduling, facilitate job fairs and new hire orientation, maintain employee training logs, submit workers compensation claims and maintain OSHA log, basic report generation, respond to initial unemployment claims, interface with employees regarding basic employment issues.
- Work with Regional Finance Directors on forecasting and variance reporting. Analyze discrepancies and suggest course of corrective action.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/HRIS systems. Experience with ADP a plus. Extensive experience in Excel preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Strong experience of following established processes and policies, attention to detail, accuracy of work and adherence to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing, environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally, supportively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to delegate tasks efficiently and develop staff to next level.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism, and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours (i.e. evenings, weekends, and holidays), as frequently required by business necessity.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with company and business contacts.
- Have the ability to travel to assigned units a minimum of once a month or more frequently based on business.
- Experience in coaching, training and mentoring direct reports and department heads.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Excel modeling, PowerPoint, and other financial management software.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to envision all aspects of business finances from large scale to minute.
- Proven leadership and decision-making abilities in a business setting.
- Proven success in partnering with executive leadership in key business decisions.
- Detail oriented
- Previous Sports and Entertainment industry experience preferred.