In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The individual hired will work out of the OVG office in New York and lead the Research, Valuation & Analytics team within the Global Partnerships Division of OVG; the sponsorship and marketing arm of Oak View Group (OVG). Suitable for the role are smart, ambitious and commercially aggressive professionals who have a track record of success in the sports & entertainment sponsorship space. This candidate will be instrumental in building a new team inside OVG GP to 1) create a world-class sponsorship valuation practice that is primarily focused on UBS Arena and other OVG GP projects 2) oversee the Salesforce and Kore functions for OVG GP 3) work on the development analytics tools, reports and dashboards to drive better strategy and decision making for the Global Partnerships sales team in NY and over OVG divisions as needed. The Sr. Director of Research, Valuation and Analytics will guide the application of data across the organization to integrate analytical models and tools into the sales and marketing decision-making process.
Salary: $150,000 - $170,000yr
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
This role will temporarily be located in either Los Angeles or Philadelphia. However, you understand and acknowledge that the company is currently undergoing a corporate office relocation, and you will be expected to relocate to the new Corporate Office, to be announced by the end of 2023 because this position will be based in the future Corporate Office.
- Closely partner with Sales and Partnership Solutions teams to develop products designed to fully arm the NY sales team with extensive data and details for each brand and prospect pitch.
- Collaborate with the NY based Partnership Activation team to develop plans and potentially products designed to measure and demonstrate the value of existing sponsorships.
- Understand, synthesize and translate disparate data sets (e.g. brand category information, trends, social media, purchasing trends, ticketing, merchandise, food and beverage, etc.) into a single business intelligence platform that in turn provides actionable insights and informs the development and tracking of sales plans.
- Develop systems that allow for personalized brand outreach and provide lead generation, predictive scoring, prospect tracking, customized tracking and delivery tools as well as project activity reports.
- Produce and manage analytical tools, reports and dashboards to inform business practices of the Sales and Marketing team.
- Manage CRM system (salesforce/KORE) and build data sets for reporting and analytics
- Manage a Research & Analytics team
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate studies in market research, marketing, statistics, mathematics, finance, engineering or other analytical fields. Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience with demonstrated development, management and execution skills, ideally with understanding of/experience in the sports & entertainment industry.
- Significant experience with quantitative analytics and ability to draw a story out of data.
- Demonstrated success analyzing marketing strategy and developing measurement plans.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, category analysis, etc.) used in the development of sales pitches and ideation for prospective and existing partners.
- Ability to synthesize complex data sets into actionable insights that drive the business.
- A natural curiosity about technology as well as a creative and risk-taking mentality.
- Creative Problem Solver with the ability to quickly understand brands/partners’ business models and research solutions for how to grow their business.
- Highly driven self-starter, with ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage long-term projects as well as quick turnaround assignments.
- Strong management and leadership skills with desire to develop and manage junior talent/staff.
- Focused, diligent and hard-working; ambitious and
- Strong interpersonal
- Trustworthy, loyal and ethical.
- Curious by Nature
- Values the “How” as much as the “What”
- Willingness to work the hours required to fulfill the commitments of the
- A lifelong passion for winning supported by an exceptional track record of results.