In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Finance and Administration plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance and Administration manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities and operations of multiple accounting functions including payroll, account reconciliation, financial statement compilation, event settlements, and the general ledger; to coordinate the preparation of the annual budget; perform Human Resources functions, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
This role will pay a wage of $85,000 to $115,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of assigned programs and functions including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, purchasing, budgeting, revenue distribution, amortization, insurance, the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of services delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement; and review with the Assistant General Manager; implement approved improvements
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate accounting staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with staff to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the workflow for the accounting functions; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign projects and areas of responsibility; review and evaluate work methods and procedures
- Direct and provide consultation to department directors and managers in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct the monitoring of and approval of expenditures and conformity with approved budgets through the use of Purchase Orders
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Convention Center annual budget; coordinate the annual budget process; prepare and distribute budget work papers to convention center staff; comply with budget requests and verify accuracy and completeness of information
- Prepare regular financial statements required in the normal course of operation of a public assembly facility; prepare various financial reports and analyses as requested
- Complete and file as required various statements to government entities, including but not limited to, sales and use tax, admissions tax, etc. . .
- Coordinate and lead the accounting activities in relation to the annual financial audit, liaises with external auditors; supervise the audit, and resolve significant and controversial issues
- Review and execute all checks and deposits, reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements
- Maintain strong internal controls with separation of duties; Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Serve as Human Resources representative for the facility and perform HR duties
- Conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations and operational studies; recommend modifications to payroll, accounts payable, account receivable, purchasing, contract monitoring and general ledger programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Be a business partner with other departments insuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication in the performance of duties
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting preferred.
- Venue Management Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus