In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is contingent upon a successful contract award to OVG Hospitality to provide food service management services.
The VP Hospitality Operations is responsible for the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the food & beverage operations to include concessions, premium areas, as well as catering operations. This individual ultimately oversees every managerial, f/t and p/t position, and ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. In addition to managing the day-to-day business operations, the VP Hospitality Operations solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue property. Additionally, this role involves a mix of concessions, premium, and catering and therefore experience in all is a requirement to be successful in the role.
The VP Hospitality Operations serves as the senior leader within the food & beverage operations and is responsible for maintaining and communicating with the client per contractual obligations as well as client overall expectations.
This role will pay a wage of $200,000 to $215,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned OVG Hospitality venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Maintain positive client relationships and establish effective and consistent communication techniques
- Final decision-maker on equipment purchases and leases.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and company regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment, and EEO guidelines
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as required.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of sale to guest ratio.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Be held accountable for establishing and maintaining proper safety and sanitation procedures as well as ensuring proper repair and maintenance of foodservice equipment.
- Project manage as required.
- Program and maintain the point-of-sale system to ensure accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Serves as the lead in developing new concepts and the ability to develop revenue generating opportunities to set the operation apart from others in the industry
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to perform their work.
- Evaluates each manager’s performance and makes recommendations for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with show managers, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue in a positive light.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Background must include managerial level experience in concessions, premium, and catering and the ability to lead all these departments with a hands on approach
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to OVG Hospitality and venue concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Experience in a fast paced arena, ball park or stadium preferred.
Education and Experience:
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major or hospitality preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years management experience in the contract food service industry, with an emphasis placed on concert and sports venues
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Operational management experience as well as technical experience in financial acumen, budgeting, and business operations