In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for overseeing all areas dealing with federal and state regulatory compliance, TERO compliance, employee recruitment and selection, employee retention and development, policy and procedure implementation and interpretation, training, oversight of the HYD program, risk management, safety, and employee relations. Additionally, the HR Manager will provide support, and serve as a strategic resource, to the operations management team. This site-specific position will work closely with the Vice President of Human Resources.
This role will pay a wage of $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Ensure federal, state and local regulatory compliance, including wage and hour regulations, TERO compliance, FMLA, HIPPA, FLSA, alcohol service permit compliance, I-9 tracking, etc.
- Maintain personnel and other files (medical, I-9, investigatory, benefits, etc.) in an accurate, complete, organized, and legal manner. Ensure complete confidentiality and security of personal employee information, including background screen info, medical info, etc.
- Responsible for driving the recruitment process including working with operations managers to establish staffing levels, developing recruitment sources, holding job fairs, handling postings. Oversee and assist with screening, interviewing, selection, onboarding-orientation, training and retention process.
- Will work closely with OVG Vice President of HR to tailor specialist advice directly to operations managers.
- Respond to unemployment claims, requests for employment verification and other requests in a timely, accurate and professional manner, while adhering to highest standards of confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain OVG HYD program for employee recognition and rewards.
- Support managers with all employee relations issues including performance evaluation, disciplinary action, conflict resolution and succession planning.
- Be thoroughly familiar with company policies and procedures/work rules and assist in the implementation and interpretation of these policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsibility for overseeing risk management: submit 801 and other incident reporting forms to carrier, handle claims management, drive safety committee, and implement modified duty/return to work plans.
- Bachelor of Arts / Sciences in Human Resources or related major.
- Minimum 5 years verifiable HR Manager or Director level experience with increasing responsibility
- Specialized professional training (PHR or SPHR preferred).
- All employees must obtain a valid gaming license from the State Gaming Agency and Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work and are required to have license renewed annually.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong and effective work relationships.
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of our business issues.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Computer literate: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (formal counseling and conflict resolution training helpful).
- Thorough working knowledge of general HR body of knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; project management skills.
- Versed in proper office/organizational etiquette.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Ability to work venue/event-driven schedules (including evenings, weekends and long hours) when needed.