In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the Ryan Center and Boss Ice Arena by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance Department employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OVG’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities may include overseeing the interviewing, and hiring of full-time employees within the department and other departments. Planning, assigning, and directing work, performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources guidelines; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This role will pay a wage of $90,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Reviews all contracts for clients, events, subcontractors, food, and beverage, or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits, and reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget, and Annual Report.
- Works in conjunction with the University of Rhode Island Contract Administrator with financial matters pertaining to the facility and University.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, and recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands, And Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information; and constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff. Talking and standing for extended periods of time.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 7 + years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as a department head.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring the financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and NetSuite accounting preferred.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus.
- HR experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.