In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
As a member of our Global Partnerships team, the Sr. Manager of National Partnerships will be responsible for driving new business sales for the Arena Alliance and other OVG/OVG360 national partnerships. This role will be responsible for achieving individual and department revenue goals though successful prospecting, pipeline management, strong relationships, business acumen, solution and objective-based ideation and selling, and negotiation. The Sr. Manager will be immersed in all OVG property benefits and business lines.
This role will pay a wage of $110,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Responsible for growing OVG property business lines via new partnership sales including Arena Alliance and OVG/OVG360 National Partnerships.
- Responsible for supporting the department’s new business sales process from start to finish – identify and manage individual account prospect list, CRM input, relationship development, client objective-based ideation, pitching, negotiating, closing, contract execution and seamless transition of new partner accounts to the assigned partnership activation account lead.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve individual new business goals while supporting and contributing to the larger organization’s goals and objectives.
- Research, ideate and execute industry leading partnership sales concepts and platforms.
- Identify and target potential, best-in-brand corporate partners at the regional, national, and international level, with a key focus on national brands.
- Ensure partner-based business objectives, asset alignment, analytics, and world class storytelling are incorporated into all new sales pitches.
- Adapt selling style and technique to organizational priorities, evolving property portfolio and business needs.
- Continually assess the industry landscape, market demands, innovation, and emerging categories to keep sales strategies and tactics relevant.
- Host and entertain corporate partners and prospects at games and events.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all OVG properties, initiatives and be able to successfully identify and activate cross-selling opportunities.
- Performs all other duties as required.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of professional sponsorship experience in a high-performance sales environment;
Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical, and well organized.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud
suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience a plus.
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to
immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing
enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in
both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations.
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal,
nonverbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with
others are required.
- Experienced with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms.
- Strong understanding of / or experience with programs integrating social or digital media
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough,
Nielsen, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and