In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
As a member of our Global Partnerships team, the Senior Manager of Global Partnerships will be responsible for driving new business development to achieve department revenue goals. This position will work hand in hand with the Vice President and Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships to cultivate relationships to bring value and profitability to OVG and Moody Center. We are looking for hard-working, creative individuals who have a passion for music and entertainment.
Suitable for the role are commercially aggressive professionals who have a proven track record in the sponsorship space of delivering high value deals to regional and national brands with creative activation strategies intertwined. Strong candidates will have experience selling venue partnerships and possess the capability to work collaboratively with multiple business stakeholders. In this start-up environment, candidates who can demonstrate entrepreneurial prowess will be favorable.
This role will pay a salary of $90,000-$100,000.
- Responsible for growing Moody Center partnership revenue via new business partnerships through accomplishing individual and departmental sales goals.
- Work with Vice President of Global Partnerships to help develop and execute a strategic plan to drive revenue for Moody Center and any new projects that are assigned to the Austin Office.
- Support the department’s new business sales process from start to finish – identify and manage individual account prospect list, CRM input, relationship development, client objective-based ideation, pitching, negotiating, closing, contract execution and full transition of new partner accounts to the assigned partnership services and activation account lead.
- Research and develop innovative platforms and programs to create new sellable inventory
- Collaborate internally and cross-departmentally in the creation of sales materials.
- Ensure partner-based business objectives, asset alignment, analytics, and world class storytelling are incorporated into all new sales pitches.
- Negotiate new partnerships that benefit the partner, our arena, and OVG.
- Collaborate and support the team in executing all partner relationships, contracts, and events.
- Host and entertain existing and prospective partners at events.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all OVG GP Clients and OVG properties/initiatives and be able to work toward integrating, aligning, and executing the Global Partnerships team sales goals.
- Create and effectively maintain reporting documents in an organized manner; Develop and track new revenue pipeline to present to senior leadership, ownership, etc. on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor relevant market developments in the entertainment/sporting industry.
- Attend networking and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional partners.
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of professional sponsorship experience in a high-performance sales environment; Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Strong natural selling skills with proven experience in pitch and strategic positioning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Kore
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside.
- Must possess problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as dynamic business situations.
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non- verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values.
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others are required.
- Experienced with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms.
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough, Repucom, Zoominfo, SponsorUnited, You Gov, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.