In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Oak View Group (OVG) is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, to build, manage, and improve the various company infrastructure systems, and provide services in support of the day-to-day operations, critical projects, and strategic growth of the business. Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer will encompass the support and operation of all switches, routers, firewalls, physical and virtual infrastructures, telephony, email, web/application/database servers, network attached storage devices (SANs), as well as public cloud servers and services.
The Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with other members of the team and business units to support the overall mission of the company and the end users’ ability to achieve that mission.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and is based in Los Angeles.
This role will pay a salary of $110,000 to $120,000 per annum.
- Proactively gather information and utilize analytical and creative problem-solving skills, alongside standard processes, and technologies, to create efficient, secure, and reliable solutions for the business
- Provide general and routine maintenance support including installation, patching, configuration, backups, and updates
- Act as the subject matter expert for the entire technology ecosystem
- Create and maintain documents for procedures/processes and infrastructure architecture/topology diagrams
- Collaborate with team members and software vendors to design, implement, and test systems
- Researches and stays current with advances in technologies; recommends change and updates accordingly
- Identifies areas of improvement and proactively suggests changes
- Responsible for proactively identifying and correcting deficiencies and improving overall IT infrastructure performance and efficiency
- Creates and updates various infrastructure documentation, systems assessments, and reporting results
The successful candidate will possess operations experience and skills, leadership, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 5+ years relevant experience as an Infrastructure/Network Engineer
- Proficiency in multiple infrastructure platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Advanced understanding of routing and switching
- Advanced understating of managing load balancers and firewalls
- Advanced understanding of networking methodologies and design concepts
- Advanced understanding of VMware, virtualization, and cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of all mainstream storage (SAN) solutions
- Experience with AWS within the last 2 years
- Advanced knowledge deploying and supporting a hybrid Office 365 environment within the last 2 years
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting performance of recent SQL server versions within the last 2 years
- Experience administering, configuring, and troubleshooting backup software within the last 2 years
- Extensive knowledge of various hardware manufactures, to include Cisco, Ubiquiti, Fortinet, Meraki, and Dell