In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Oak View Group (OVG) is looking for a dedicated Business Application Manager to join our team and take over the supervision of our software applications. The position is responsible for management and support of a portfolio of applications solutions and has overall responsibility for the architecture, support, maintenance, deployment, and enhancement of commercial software applications. The Business Application Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing technical development being executed by both internal and vendor led teams – while working collaboratively with business units delivering technical solutions that meet goals and objectives.
The Business Application Manager should have a strong working knowledge of various business applications, with a focus in Point-of Sale (POS), Concession, and Food & Beverage solutions.
This position reports to the VP of OVG360 IT and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
- Provide leadership and manage the work activities in application development for Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications that includes new solutions and enhancement of existing systems
- Collaborate with business and key IT stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule applications development and enhancement requests, while providing direction and guidance to the applications development staff
- Accountable for availability and performance of applications portfolio, including ownership of incidents and release management
- Drives stakeholder satisfaction by delivering quality applications and support with controlled and planned change management
- Communicate project status to various levels of management
- Partner with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architectures
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code
- Proven experience in managing relationships with vendors/consultants, IT teams and internal stakeholders
- A passion for all things tech and a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- An interest in staying hands-on technical as well as wearing that team management hat
Required skills and qualifications
- BA/BS degree preferred, and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Hospitality and Food & Beverage applications/solutions a must
- Previous experience working in the venue and hospitality industry a plus
- Expertise in business process analysis, requirements gathering, solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support (ERP/CRM), and a strong business understanding
- Experience with database management and project management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Established project management skills
- Strong leadership, management, and customer service skills
- Great analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience in a management or supervisory role on an application delivery team