In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Within OVG Hospitality, this leader is an orchestrator who builds a vision, plan and team to set our clients up for success with venue growth and, therefore, OVG Hospitality growth. This individual is responsible for overall strategy, management, promotion, and operation of identified beverage functions at our venues, which includes Catering/Concessions/Premium Services.
- Create an environment that inspires innovation and consistent execution while addressing the needs of the business.
- Serve as the primary beverage expert and master strategist, continuously educating team members on the latest trends, and positioning OVG as a visionary leader in the event industry
- Exercise entrepreneur thought and implement strategies that look beyond the horizon in order to stay ahead of the industry.
- Create the vision and goals for a first-in-class beverage experience through establishing processes and protocols for all areas of beverage programs.
- Define clear objectives and deploy a data-driven strategy that will drive growth by increasing the frequency and loyalty of existing customers while attracting new customers.
- Lead menu and selection development designed to positively impact our customer experience.
- Drive and launch consistent execution of OVG standards through quality control, process and procedures.
- Directly and indirectly manage field staff with the goal of motivating for excellence, enhancing professional development, and personal growth.
- Prioritize beverage program objectives and constantly evolve to adapt and scale initiatives for an ever-changing growth brand.
- Collaborate across the upper levels of the organization to identify needs and develop scalable solutions.
- Partner with procurement to ensure local and national sourcing adheres to OVG quality standards.
- Design a structure for optimal growth by partnering with marketing to establish new promotions that will enhance the OVG brand.
- Partner with supply and procurement leaders to identify the best vendors for our partnerships.
- Manage strategic priorities and multiple opportunities to find the best way of creating long-term success.
- Develop diversity-focused success metrics as an essential business strategy
- Build an organization that sets aggressive goals and achieves results outlined in key Initiatives
- Encourage leaders across all departments to focus on organizational outcomes instead of the team outcomes to drive business success
- Create an environment that supports innovation and reasonable risk-taking without sacrificing work that is necessary for widespread success.
- Communicates frequently to clarify understanding of expectations, facilitate open dialogue within leadership and ensure that all company resources are clearly utilized to achieve operating goals.
- Ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships with contract administrators and venue owners for the benefit of the organization by communicating frequently through conference calls, venue site visits and attendance at board meetings when necessary.
- Creates a premium beverage experience
- Participates in and nurtures broad networks of industry alliances to exchange ideas, knowledge and information in support of change initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining standardized beverage programs for various applications (concessions, catering, in-suite service, etc.)
- Proven track record leading large transformational projects
- Ability to identify, design and implement operating system support resources and performance analytics to drive the improved performance of the business
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to independently manage oneself and effectively influence others without formal authority
- Willingness to work the hours necessary/permitted by your supervisor to meet goals (includes nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours)
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments
- Influence, engage and inspire stakeholders with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to be flexible and multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major course work in Culinary Arts, Food Service Operations, or related field required
- 8+ years progressive and responsible leadership experience working in managed facility and or related hospitality industry experience.
- Demonstrated success with supply chain consolidation and/or large-scale distribution changes
- Strong professional knowledge in all aspects of beverage management
- Conceptual thinker who can move from strategy to tactical implementation seamlessly.
- Skilled in negotiating and proven record of business acumen
- Strong management skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to lead a team through continuous change
- Attention to detail with a strategic, big picture mindset
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and quickly changing priorities