Director of Finance | Acrisure Arena - OVG 360 (Palm Desert · CA)
OVG 360 Jobs
Sports Jobs in Palm Desert · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Purchasing
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
As Director of Finance, the successful candidate should possess savvy business skills, be a highly motivated professional, with proven ability to establish excellent working relationships with various team members.
The Director of Finance will provide administrative support to all OVG Hospitality departments (concessions, premium, catering) at the venue, as well as to the General Manager. Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting with payroll, handling A/P and A/R responsibilities, assuring compliance in hourly employee personnel files, handling basic HR duties, scheduling, and general clerical duties, and GL entries. Perform month end closing work, account reconciliations, and profit statement reporting to management. Safeguard company assets, and provide data and fiscal support to other departments within the company
- Supervision of business unit accounting and the management, creation, review, and approval of accounting reports
- Provide general office / administrative / accounting support including input of weekly cash and sales reports, A/P and A/R data entry, event reporting.
- Assist with basic payroll functions: compile and process weekly payroll, data entry, timekeeping verification, ensure W-4, I-9 forms are complete and on file; maintain employee deductions file.
- Provide accounting support to company departments. Reconcile sales reports prior to month end postings. Oversee document coding. Calculate commissions earned.
- Collect data from multiple sources and generate reports of OVG Hospitality's event operating results to venue management team and the corporate Finance Department. Includes generating P&L’s, franchise season reports, catering activity recaps and sales reports. Perform month end closing, reconciliations and entries.
- Safeguard company assets through close monitoring of accounting procedures; conduct audits as needed. Reconcile bank deposits to sales reports, inventory levels, payroll reporting, A/P and A/R activities.
- Prepare current workbooks containing financial information by event type. Supervise preparation of NFP reports by event, and payroll reporting by event types.
- Provide general office and clerical support: preparation of weekly package to corporate, copying, filing, correspondence, telephone inquiries.
- Handle basic Human Resources functions: personnel file maintenance, answer employee inquiries regarding scheduling, facilitate job fairs and new hire orientation, maintain employee training logs, submit workers compensation claims and maintain OSHA log, basic report generation, respond to initial unemployment claims, interface with employees regarding basic employment issues.
- Relay any accounting, HR, employee relations, safety, policy or procedural concerns, and any situation that may result in disciplinary action, to management (Concessions/Catering Manager, GM) in a timely and responsible manner.
- Translates strategy into operational goals and objectives and then executes against those strategies and standards.
- Actively participates in the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes for the business unit.
- Manages the business unit finance and accounting associates by providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring and administering annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Supports annual plan and projection process for business unit, provides insightful review of year-over-year changes and recommends areas of focus to improve operating margins.
- Analyze financial results for both internal and external use
- Track and maintain monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
- Develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Review of general ledger and balance sheet
- Resolving various accounting/reconciliation issues
- Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting, report preparation and distribution
- Maintain inventory and cost control procedures
- Payroll and Human Resources administration
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
- Accounting experience in foodservice or retail industry required, foodservice operations experience a plus
- Experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel. POS experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills