Assistant General Manager| Macon Centreplex - Spectra (Macon · GA)
Sports Jobs in Macon · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Utilizing initiative, innovative, and independent judgment, the Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in planning, directing, and managing the day-to-day operations of the Macon Centreplex Coliseum & City Auditorium and the Macon Amphitheater. Assists with the supervision of sales, marketing, finance, event services, guest services, operations, human resources, information technology (IT), safety, security, audio visual, rigging, transportation, production, union related issues, venue maintenance and contract partners. Responsibility further includes evaluation and development of recommendations to improve organizational administration, procedures, policies, SOPs, and programs. Unusual problems and major changes in programs or policy are discussed with the General Manager
- Assist the General Manager in planning, directing, maintaining, and managing the day-to-day operations of Macon Centreplex Coliseum & City Auditorium and the Macon Amphitheater. This includes sales, marketing, finance, event services, guest services, operations, human resources, safety, security, audio visual, rigging, transportation, production, union related issues, venue maintenance and contract partners.
- Maintains active contact and acts as a liaison with the Macon Bibb County Departments/contract administrator. Monitors Spectra’s compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Actively promotes the use of Macon Centreplex and Amphitheater to maximize its utilization.
- Negotiates leases, event settlement agreements, contracts and agreements as determined necessary and in the best interests of the Macon Centreplex and the Amphitheater.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Macon Bibb County/contract administrator, events, customers, staff, internal/ external key stakeholders, contract partners, entertainment/convention/ meeting/ tradeshow industry associations, community, and civic organizations.
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include matters of training and development; quality assurance; quality control, sustainability, resiliency, safety/emergency procedures, procurement, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develops and implements venue goals and objectives in accordance with the management contract, corporate policy, and good business practices.
- Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records for the Macon Bibb County/contract administrator and for the Corporate Office.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining, managing, and operating the venues.
- Assists and coordinates with the development of the annual operating calendar, event schedules, projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and administration of the venue’s operating and capital budgets. Work directly with the department directors and or other contract partners in developing operating budgets and revenue projections.
- Recruit, select, lead, motivate and evaluate director level staff; provide or coordinate training as needed; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Work with the departmental directors in the day-to-day management of their various departmental disciplines; review and evaluate processes and results; identify, mitigate, and resolve deficiencies and challenges.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve efficiencies, effectiveness, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and implement programs, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in the oversight of Macon Centreplex and Amphitheater contract service partners (Food & Beverage, Parking, A/V, IT, Electrical, Valet and Business Center,) and others as needed.
- Direct management, oversight, and control of the Macon Centreplex and Amphitheater vendor approval process.
- Manage the annual review of Macon Centreplex and Amphitheater Event Planning Guides (EPGs).
- Develop or direct the development and preparation of comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e., Operations Manual, Event Handbook, Annual Sales & Marketing Plan, Annual Preventative Maintenance Plan, Annual Facility Report, Booking Policies, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc.)
- Participate and leads various interdepartmental project groups, special projects, and task forces.
- Conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Represent the General Manager as needed at various meetings.
- Always provide an extremely elevated level of excellence in customer service.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional venue management, with at least three (3) years of direct supervisory experience at the department director level.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet these requirements may be substituted.
- Operational characteristics of public assembly venue and open space management.
- Modern management methods, long-range planning, principles of budgeting and supervisory techniques.
- Contract development and negotiations including venue event license agreements, service agreements, event planning guides, and sponsorships agreements.
- Excellence in customer service practices.
- Knowledge of EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, ADA, and other industry related legal issues.
- Excellent interpersonal techniques in dealing with unique groups and sensitive circumstances.
- Terminology used in convention, event, tradeshow, and entertainment settings.
- Capital Improvement Project Experience
- Budgeting, revenue forecasting and expense controls
- Ability To:
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinates.
- Be a well-organized individual who is a team player and can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work under high pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Provide visionary leadership to staff.
- Recognize, analyze, and resolve challenges.
- Develop and implement programs, policies, SOPs, and procedures.
- Ability to develop comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e., Operations Manual, Event Planning Guides, Annual Sales & Marketing Plan, Annual Preventative Maintenance Plan, Annual Report, Booking Policies, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc.)
- Ability to conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS SharePoint and MS Outlook)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- No certifications are required.