Accounting Manager | Citizens Bank Park - Spectra (Philadelphia · PA)
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Purchasing
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Accounting Manager plans, directs, and manages all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing and internal control functions for the Spectra management team by performing the following duties.
- Perform all general accounting functions including general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Supervise, direct and develop the Administrative Assistant.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation.
- Oversee Box Office cash handling procedures and verify bank statements against daily deposits.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees; coordinate human resource functions/policies.
- Perform account and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare event settlements and generate account transfers or check payments.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Assist General Manager with budget preparation, and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, public or business administration or a related field required; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of Arena/Hotel/Convention Center accounting experience required.
- May require working beyond normal business hours, including nights, weekends and holidays based on event calendar.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of MAS 200 preferred, or similar accounting software.
- Prior supervisory responsibility preferred.