Sales Manager - Oak View Group LLC (Lynnwood Convention Center · CA)
Oak View Group LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Lynnwood Convention Center · CA
Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
Overview: OVG 360, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG 360 specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
The Convention Center Sales Manager is responsible for booking corporate, association, social, public, and private events through an aggressive marketing and sales program, collaborating with clients on rates, contract terms and conveying this information to all departments. The candidate will execute all aspects of the sale process, promote to potential clients, establish working relationships, represent at tradeshows, initiate sales calls, and ensure booking information is maintained. Focus of events includes but is not limited to Conventions, Meetings, Trade and Consumer Shows, Banquets, Galas, Weddings, and other social business.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Represents the Lynnwood Convention Center as its sales representative locally, regionally, and nationally for a variety of events
- Researches, identifies, and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the facility and community through daily cold calling and solicitations
- Assist in developing and implementing the sales/marketing activities, including collaboration on annual sales and marketing plan as well as budget submissions and follow-through systems and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Visit Seattle, area hotels, co-workers, service providers, vendors, and facility users
- Responds in a timely manner to inquiries by prospective and confirmed facility users regarding rental rates and space availability of the Lynnwood Convention Center
- Conducts facility tours and make formal presentations to meeting planners and other facility users regarding facility booking policies, rental rates, services, and optional policies
- Prepares written facility use proposals and cost estimates for potential facility users reevaluates potential business value of various events and facility users; initiates booking discussions; finalizes all booking arrangements
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Creates awareness and actively sells and solicits all goods and services through attendance at trade shows and other industry functions
- Maintains thorough knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing
- Help in creation and development of sales presentation materials
- Completing and updating reporting and tracking systems
- Mentor staff in the department to assist in their development
- Travels as required by Director of Sales and Marketing
- Meets specified goals and objectives for facility usage
- Adhere to all company and Lynnwood Public Facilities District policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented as part of all day-to-day activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-5 years of responsible sales/event experience in a convention center, conference center, hotel, or other similar facility
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experiences
- Proficiency with data processing and MS Office applications
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events, and holidays as required
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame as needed.
This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including, but not limited to ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, ability to recognize and resolve conflicts, and ability to openly communicate verbally and in writing with clients and co-workers.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information; and constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff. Talking and standing for extended periods of time.
The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud during events, depending on the incumbent’s location, and minimal during non-event times.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.