Event Manager - Oak View Group LLC (Lynnwood · WA)
Oak View Group LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Lynnwood · WA
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Overview: OVG 360, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG 360 specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
Under supervision of the Director of Event Services, the Event the Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Advance, plan, service, and supervise all events
- Must be extremely organized and have excellent time management skills
- Provide leadership and guidance for facility personnel
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with lessees/clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, patrons/public and municipal officials
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends & holidays as needed
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to the Lynnwood Convention Center’s principles
- Assist in the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events/shows
- Assist with the completion of pre-show event financial estimates
- Assist with the completion of post-show event settlements
- Advise lessees on services available from independent contractors for events
- Recruit, train, and supervise event & security staff
- Create work schedules for event & security staff, delegate assignments, and review performance/results
- Function as a liaison between users of the facility and the facility staff
- Recommend and evaluate required event staffing levels
- Coordinate communication between building staff and show staff during load in and load out
- Investigate and resolve event-related complaints in a professional manner ensuring customer satisfaction
- Maintain equipment (radios, metal detection wands, etc.) for all event and security staff
- Make hospitality arrangements as needed
- Communicate with municipal officials, including police, fire and medical services, event staff and public to ensure security of patrons and events run smoothly
- Review emergency planning procedures with all event staff for each event
- Create and distribute detailed data sheets prior to every event
- Coordinate service needs with Food and Beverage provider & make hospitality arrangements as needed
- Serve as Manager on Duty as scheduled
- Experience with Social Tables and an online booking system is preferred but not required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Two to five (2-5) years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business, or related field or experience in an associated field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, word processing, and Internet
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events
- Ability to identify the needs of users of the facility
- Knowledge of crowd management and control techniques
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, scheduling, and training employees
- Demonstrated familiarity with facility use contracts
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations
- Knowledge of A/V equipment and electronic systems in public assembly facilities
- Experience with budget preparation and control
- Familiarity with terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including, but not limited to ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, ability to recognize and resolve conflicts, and ability to openly communicate verbally and in writing with clients and co-workers.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information; and constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff. Talking and standing for extended periods of time.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.