Director of Finance - Oak View Group LLC (Lynnwood · WA)
Oak View Group LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Lynnwood · WA
Accounting and Finance: Controller/Director of Finance
Overview: OVG 360, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG 360 specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance Department employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OVG’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources guidelines; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits, reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget, and Annual Report.
- Works in conjunction with the Lynnwood Public Facilities District Director of Finance on all matters pertaining to the facility and the district.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 7 + years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and NetSuite accounting preferred.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus.
- HR experience a plus.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information; and constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff. Talking and standing for extended periods of time.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.