Sr. IT Support Specialist - Oak View Group LLC (Palm Desert · CA)
Oak View Group LLC jobs
Sports Jobs in Palm Desert · CA
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Coachella Valley is our duty and driving business is our responsibility.
On January 25, 2020, the AHL granted the 32nd AHL franchise to Oak View Group (OVG). As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, this team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 22-23 AHL season. In addition to the development of a new state of the art facility (Coachella Valley Arena) OVG is consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility adjacent to the Arena, with one NHL regulation rink. This development represents not only further investment in making Coachella Valley the epicenter of Southern California but establishing a new skating presence within the region for the first time.
The Sr IT Support Specialist provides proven technical support, experience, and strategic insights to meet the IT needs of Moody Center staff and any subsidiaries and partners as directed by leadership. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for installation and maintenance of hardware, software, and peripherals for Moody Center technology functions on a day-to-day basis. Customer service etiquette, a strong work ethic, and the ability to go above expectations are of equal importance to any technical requirements. The candidate for this position must manage their time properly and be willing to prioritize the needs of the Moody Center and its initiatives. The IT Support Specialist reports to the Senior IT Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the installation and maintenance of hardware and software including workstations, mobile devices, multimedia displays, and video conference system support.
- Diagnose and repair hardware issues, contacting appropriate service vendors when necessary.
- Assist with inventory of all equipment.
- Provide IT support for events as needed.
- Provide help desk support for Windows 10, Office 365, and a variety of other programs.
- Provide assistance with Windows Server management in a Microsoft Azure environment.
- Develop and implement an equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building, exposure to loud noises, and standing for long periods of time.
- Work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience in Desktop Support/Client Services.
- Bachelor’s degree, is preferred, not required
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration and Office suite a must.
- Proficiency with MacOS and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware (PC and Mac) and peripherals.
- Experience supporting and managing multi-functional imaging devices.
- Basic knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting iOS and Android based mobile devices.
- Basic understanding of networking protocols and troubleshooting.
- Have experience or be familiar with network gear such as switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of telephony/VoIP systems.
- Available to work overtime and possible weekends.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service and effective communications with guests and employees.
- Ability to undertake & complete multiple tasks with little direction or supervision.
- Follow technical instructions (i.e.: common IT related acronyms).
- Follow explicit oral and written instructions; communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow-through skills.
- Possess knowledge and experience in industry terminology, event related services, facility capabilities, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.