Mascot - Oak View Group (Palm Desert · CA)
Oak View Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Palm Desert · CA
Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects underway in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do, and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
ABOUT ACRISURE ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in the late 2022, the Acrisure Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,500+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
The Coachella Valley Arena is a $290+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through exceptional sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, and honoring the culture and diversity of the cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California.
As the Mascot, they will be a game day leader for promotions and entertainment for the Firebirds both inside and outside of Acrisure Arena. This role will work to elevate all instances of the fan experience. Our goal is to engage someone with a strong passion for storytelling and enhance the experiences of the Firebirds fans, build relationships with community partners and influencers. This individual will be proactive, well organized, able to multi-task and make well-informed decisions in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage schedules and billing for all mascot appearances
- Maintain the mascot costume and all props to ensure everything is show ready
- Collaborate with Game Operations and Community Relations to elevate ideas and promotions
- Fulfill internal and external entertainment requests. Assist community relations with maintaining of an appearance schedule
- Athletic individual able to skate at a high level, and perform while skating
- Extremely organized and detail oriented individual able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently, but also integrate into the team to create an exceptional game day experience for fans and clients.
- Demonstrated passion for performance…. Stage, screen, live theater or related training
- Experience in working part of a game operations crew in a sports team environment
- Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of stadium, arena, public assembly facility or convention center
- Demonstrated experience in event/sports production with a widespread knowledge of creative entertainment, game operations, event logistics, technical operations and production.
- Knowledge of principles of budget preparation and expense management
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a special knack for storytelling
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended number of days
- Strong demonstration of integrity, trustworthiness and entrepreneurial spirit.
Typical day would be out of the office at appearances or maintaining the costume and props. It is expected that this position will travel extensively throughout the Coachella Valley
Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking and activity in costume
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.