Position Overview: Responsible for generating maximum revenue through the sale of full & partial season plans, with a concentrated effort on group sales for the AFL’s Washington Valor and Baltimore Brigade & WNBA’s Washington Mystics (as well as all other MSE franchises).
- Sell Washington Valor, Baltimore Brigade & Washington Mystics group ticket plans to area businesses and other local groups via bold telemarketing, face-to-face presentations and all social channels.
- Meet or exceed established yearly revenue and ticket goals set for new business (Mystics Club 52 Memberships, Valor Gridiron Club 365 Memberships, Brigade Battalion Memberships, partial plans, group packages, suites, other MSE franchise sales).
- Meet or exceed daily call expectation of 50 calls along with setting a minimum of two appointments per week.
- Prospect and cultivate new groups sales leads through creative lead generation methods, as well as follow up on leads provided by Monumental Sports.
- Conduct sales conversations via phone presentations, in-office meetings/presentations and meetings by conducting a thorough, custom needs analysis.
- Based on feedback from phone calls/ meetings, present any number of custom ticket and hospitality packages for all MSE franchises.
- Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to: networking events, speaking engagements, prospect sampling at games, seat visits at games, open houses at Capital One Arena, and outside meetings.
- Manage obstacles and overcome objections that are presented during the sales process.
- Participate in ongoing weekly and monthly sales and culture training sessions.
- Execute contracts, billing, and collecting payment for first year members.
- Contact and close referrals from newly consummated season ticket holders.
- Submit periodic sales funnels to track progress against goals in each business category of focus.
- Take the lead on executing a successful, seamless transition of sold membership accounts to the assigned Membership Activation Specialist.
- Enter all pertinent prospect and customer information in CRM platform for efficient reporting and historical data purposes.
- Actively seek out learning and growth opportunities through training.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team is preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a real passion for sales.
- Competitive nature and positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; Must be able to manage schedules to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and produce results, while being self-motivated.
- Professional phone sales technique and skills.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and work extended hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.