Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for ensuring Capital One Arena patrons, employees and the property are safe at all times, while preventing theft, and damage of property.
- Ensures that employees of Monumental Sports and Entertainment and Capital One Arena patrons are safe; including preventing theft, protection of personal property, preventing assaults, gate crashing, or other disorders at meetings, events or performances.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Protects participants at an event from overzealous spectators and permits only properly ticketed guests.
- Responsible for detaining an individual, based on probable cause for an offense committed in his or her presence.
- Monitor and authorize entrance/departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Prevents unauthorized personnel from entering restricted areas. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property. Confiscates liquor, beer, or any beverages in hard containers or cans.
- Locks and unlocks entrance doors and all exterior doors, ensuring that all locks and chains are secured and panic bars locked down when event dictates. Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years security experience.
- Ability to obtain & maintain an active Special Police Officer Commission from MPDC Security Officers Management Branch.
- Preferred to have Current First Aid / CPR / AED Certifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Available to work flexible 40 hours a week schedule as needed.
- Available for On Call assignments as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.