Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position gives the intern the opportunity to assist with the day-to-day duties of the Washington Capitals communications department.
- Monitor media coverage of the organization, including compiling daily clips.
- Assist with development camp.
- Manage team photographs including archiving.
- Draft and edit press releases, media advisories and other editorial content.
- Write and edit material for use in the team’s annual media guide.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Ability to learn quickly and motivation to self-teach.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Available to work Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive mindset and strong team spirit.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.