Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This internship introduces students to the sports industry by providing the opportunity to assist with and learn about corporate sponsorships and brand activation in the Global Partnership Marketing Department of Monumental Sports & Entertainment. This is a paid internship.
- Work closely with Business Managers and Global Partnership Directors in creating sponsorship proposals, presentations, recap reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, ClearSlide and Excel.
- Provide administrative support for Partnership Marketing Department.
- Utilize research programs such as Scarborough and surveys to provide potential clients with compelling data on Capitals, Mystics and Wizards fans.
- Manage the inventory of various signage.
- Organize game photos by client after each home game.
- Staff games, client receptions and other special events such as season ticket holder parties etc.
- Database management assistance.
- Assist staff with general day-to-day operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Flexible and able to problem solve in pressure situations.
- Comfortable communicating with other internal departments and clients.
- Able and comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs. boxes.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Available to attend events that occur outside normal business hours (i.e. game nights, promotional/fan development events, community relations appearances).
- Must be dedicated, hard-working, punctual, dependable and a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.