Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Assist Washington Wizards’ front office staff with the day-to-day operations of the organization. This is a paid internship.
- Provide administrative assistance to all staff as needed/requested.
- Provide personal assistance to all staff as needed/requested.
- Coverage of multiple phone lines, provide detailed, accurate messages.
- Daily duties include, but not limited to delivering mail, keeping order/inventory of office supplies, miscellaneous errands for staff as needed/requested.
- Assist in reconciling travel expenses for college/NBA team scouts.
- Assist in escorting visitors to various onsite meetings as needed.
- Provide logistical support to all areas of the department as necessary.
- Acquire knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Update player boards – draft prospects, NBA rosters, potential free agents.
- Research draft prospects for 2016 NBA draft; some pre-draft preparation.
- Update agent list/database as changes occur.
- Various projects requiring proficiency in use of Excel.
- Research for game preparation, compiling statistical information on opposing teams with information packet of basic stats/shot charts.
- Assist with multiple game day/game night responsibilities; includes pre-game setup for Wizards home games, working with SportVu camera during games.
- Develop working knowledge of SportVU technology- camera system installed in basketball arenas to track real-time player positions/ball movement.
- Data can create innovative statistics, and assist/identify with player queries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- An ideal candidate possesses: exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.