Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Baltimore Brigade is an AFL Franchise located in Baltimore, MD. This internship position will provide support for all practices and game day operations. The intern will work closely with the Brigade Operations staff to help plan and organize players travel needs, and serve as liaison with opposing teams with respect to logistics and general planning of game day events. The intern will learn how to coordinate, along with conversion crew, the set up and break down of practice facility and use creativity to help prove processes and efficiency. This is a paid internship that requires a commitment beginning in March 2018 and runs through the duration of the 2018 AFL season.
- Assist with office functions including but not limited to game day production, league compliance, and team operations
- Assist and organize all aspects of team/player travel needs
- Assist in team finances by tracking and recording all expenses for budget reference
- Operate as liaison between the facility and the league to make sure all league guidelines are met
- Assist Coaching Staff with incoming player process and orientation
- Act as liaison for game operations inquiries
- Assist Video Manager with filming practice and games from both league mandated angles
- General office duties including answering phones, archiving practice, and game video
- Aid the Equipment Manager with day-to-day functions for practice, inventory, and game day set-up
- Assist Coaching Staff with practice needs, such as ball spotting
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Able to work up to 25 hours per week (including office hours)
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 25 pound boxes
- Self-motivated, proactive, highly motivated, problem solver, and team player
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have the ability to work efficiently and in a timely manner in order to meet strict deadlines
- Must have a flexible schedule, willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays, pending events schedules
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow through on multiple projects
- Demonstrates honesty and shows integrity
- Reliable transportation and housing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.