Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, NHL's Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. A new sports and entertainment venue in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus, in collaboration with the District of Columbia and Events DC, will feature a first-in-class training facility for the Wizards and Mystics and will additionally include a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home court of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and creative sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Responsible for selling and servicing new accounts, creating and implementing new ideas to drive ticket sales revenue, and performing basic office functions as needed.
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for Monumental Sports & Entertainment properties, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages.
- Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets.
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
- Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
- Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of Capital One Arena to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products.
- Work different Monumental Sports events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Aggressive and competitive approach to the selling process.
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in ticket sales.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Experience with TicketMaster, Archtics and Microsoft Office computer software and contact management systems is preferred but not required.
- Prior telemarketing and/or sales experience is preferred but not required.