The Staff Accountant at Maingate will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly functions in Cash Management, Royalties, Accounts Receivable, and Month End. A successful person in this role will possess strong organization and communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
• Reconciliation of event sales, store sales, and bank statements
• Research and process chargebacks and returns
• Keeping business licensing current/active (state and local)
• Roll-out of monthly prepaid accounts and accrue monthly expenses
• Prepares daily cash deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily.
• On-Account sales for events and storefronts
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
• Monthly Customer invoicing – reoccurring charges and consignment reporting
• Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
• Assist Director of Finance with certain month-end responsibilities.
• Codes data for input to a financial data processing system according to company procedures.
• Assists with related special projects, as required.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College and one year of related experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Must have strong PC skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Must have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to understand and follow work processes.
Foundation knowledge of MainGate’s systems, policies & procedures.
No supervisory responsibilities
Position requires spending long hours sitting using computers, entering financial information which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Must occasionally lift and/or move filing boxes.
The position is located in a busy, open area office and is faced with constant interruptions.
Job Description may be changed at any time by Executive Management.